A few weeks ago we blogged about how to use a curling wand (curling iron) to create perfect curls.
I think it’s fair to say that more people find using a curling wand difficult than using hair straighteners for example.
However, we believe that once you have a good step by step guide and with plenty of practice, you can then become confident in
creating a variety of gorgeous curls and hair styles.
Below are some further hints and tips to help you create a variety of beautiful looks!
- Using a smaller section of hair will result in a tighter curl; a large section of hair will give a looser curl.
- If you want a wavy effect and looser curls then apply the wand to a wider section of hair.
- For a more modern look don’t wind the barrel from the root, leave a couple of inches from the root.
- By using a lower heat setting, you can create a wavy style with looser curls.
- If you want a ribbon curl affect then apply the wand to a narrow section of that runs vertically.
- Wrap the curl in the same direction that you want the curl to fall. E.g. if you’re curling the hair on the left side of your parting and want a look that’s full of volume, wrap the hair away from the face when applying it around the curling wand.
- Use a good heat protecting spray to protect the hair from the heat of the barrel.
Get 10% off Ice Diamond Curling wand in April/May 2013 – Click here